I am a multidisciplinary creative technologist who maintains a practice across film, video, music and web technologies. Having always tried to run away from being put in box I have in turns been a consumer, critic, and maker of tools that allow me and others to make experiences that makes us think, play and inform.
I am interested in using technology itself as a medium that can be molded into various form to tell stories and build experiences. To this end I collaborate with varied artists, and technicians to tackle creative, interactive and technical challenges, and explore various permutations and extensions to art.
I have been the co-founder and technology director of collectives like 3rd Thought Entertainment; a web platform, netlabel, publishing company, and that represented 32 artists from all over the world; Empathiea Films, and Conjure Arts and Media. In capacity of my role as co-founder and technical director of SpotMyGadget.com I designed a recommendation engine based on software I had previously written for a prototype installation for 3rd Thought. This was further developed as part of the architecture for the web application for which I oversaw feature development, engineering and overall production workflow.
As part of my independent practice I served as a Cinematographer, Visual Effects Lead, and Technical Director for the independent Hindi feature film Kshay (2012), by director Karan Gour, which exhibited at various film festivals across the world and later got a theatrical release. As a musician and sound artist I have performed experimental electronic music at venues and events like The Indian Electronica Festival, (Blue Frog, Mumbai), 6 Foot Oscillator in a 4 foot Room (Zenzi Mills, Mumbai), Floatsam with Mukul Deora and Piere-Paolo Allesanderello (Volte, Mumbai), and other collaborative performances with artists like Kargo Pluggy, and Sadahnmo from the 3rd Thought Entertainment roster.
In 2018, filmmaker/visualist Dhanya Pilo and I co-instigated Algorave India, a collective of artists, musicians, and visualists intent on promoting programming as performance art through events called Algoraves. As an extension of this I have performed with live coding platforms TidalCycles and Hydra at Fat Finger Mayhem (Max Mueller Bhavan, Mumbai, 2018 and 2019), Algorave Sheffield (UK, 2018), International Conference of Live Coding (Madrid, 2019), Distributed Culture Conference (Argentina/UK, 2020), Algoritmi Remote Algorave (Torino, Italy, 2020) and organised/curated multiple independent Algoraves in Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore.
Since 2018 I have been collaborating with artists from all over the world with network music performances with the intercontinental live coding ensemble Supercontinent. SuperContinent is a project led by David Ogborn of the McMasters University Networked Imagination Lab and has artists that are each at least 3000 kms apart and perform on a unique performance platform called Estuary. Earlier in 2020 I also started playing with another remote ensemble called Algomech that is a collaboration between CiLC Argentina and Algorave India.
I hold diplomas in Web Technologies, Sound Engineering, and Video Post Production from various schools in India and have a Master’s in Television Production from Birmingham City University, UK
- 2/Mar/2021: Live Coding Jam/Workshop - Culture Connects
- 12/Dec/2020: Compose Music With Code - CODAME
- 10/Dec/2020: GitHub Universe Day 1: Closing Performance - GitHub Universe Livestream
- 3/Dec/2020: Estuary 5th Birthday Stream - NIL McMaster Youtube
- 17/Oct/2020: Beats for Beginners Workshop - CODAME
- 19/July/2020: With IGNoto supergroup: Network Music Festival 2020 - VR LiveStream
- 18/July/2020: With SuperContinent Ensemble: Network Music Festival 2020 - LiveStream
- 10/July/2020: MusicLab 5: Lockdown Rave - YouTube
- 10/June/2020: SuperContinent Live: A performance and conversation - 4th Space CU Facebook Page
- 12/May/2020: Algorave India - Second Anniversary Party - Youtube and UXR Hubs
- 20/Mar/2020: Solo Set: Eulerroom Equinox 2020 - Youtube
- 19/Mar/2020: With SuperContinent Ensemble: Eulerroom Equinox 2020 - Youtube
- 19/Mar/2020: With Algomech Ensemble: Eulerroom Equinox 2020 - Youtube
- 16/Mar/2020: SoundCodes x Khoparzi At Algoritmi Distributed Algorave - Turin Italy
- 29/Feb/2020: DISTCULT: AlgoMech Panel on Distributed Culture - Youtube
- 15/Feb/2020: With SuperContinent at Algorave Tokyo - Soup Shinjuku
- 8/Feb/2020: Reproduce Algorave Listening Aftertaste - Walkin Studios - Bengaluru
- 8/Feb/2020: Processing Community Day - National Institute of Design - Bengaluru
- 2/Feb/2020: Processing Community Day - CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology - Delhi
- 5/Jan/2020: Exploring The Edge - India Internation Centre - Delhi
- 14/Dec/2019: Music Tech Hackathon - Studio CAMP - Mumbai
- 13/Dec/2019: Algorave Cyberia - Tifa Working Studios - Pune
- 12/Dec/2019: Adobe Design Mix - Adobe Offices - Delhi
- 24/Nov/2019: Nrtya Showcase - Auro Bar and Kitchen - Delhi